Promote Your Music Online
In today’s world, the internet comes with endless opportunities, including promoting and marketing your music. For instance, the internet offers you an opportunity to reach a wider audience of your music. However, there are certain things you must do to ensure your music reaches as many people as possible through online. In that regard, here are some tips on how to promote your music online.
1. Create a Website and Use It to Promote Your Music
Setting up your own website is a good starting point to promote your music and looks more professional. These days, websites are relatively cheap to host and very easy to create, but it should not be a static thing. Your website should be ever changing and adapting to reflect any new event in your music career. It’s a good thing for your fans to visit your site as often as possible because the more often you are on your website; the more likely they are to make a purchase of your album, or even tickets. Create fresh, new content and post it at regular intervals probably once/twice a week. Also, share anything that you think your audience/fans would find quite interesting.
2. Use Various Social Media
Of course, almost every internet user has at least one social networking account. It’s almost as if you don’t virtually exist if you are not on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. It’s very possible to use your social media account to promote your music across the world. This isn’t a straight-up marketing platform when it comes to promoting and marketing your products and services. However, it can be a catalyst for word-of-mouth and conversation marketing. This platform can be effective if by ensuring that about 80% of your content is funny, interesting and conversational, leaving 20% for promotional materials. This means that you need to know how to frame your content in an interesting manner. Always give updates on social media about your music every time there is something new to it.
3. Live Music Promotion
With everything increasing moving towards digital, it’s very easy to interact with the rest of the world just from the comfort of your place. This means you can easily create quality music, release, distribute and promote it, or even play it live just from where you are. However, always remember that live show is beyond just performing. You can therefore use gigs to promote/market your new album, song, or music. Inform your fans/audience that you will be premiering a brand new song, or tell them that you will be playing your music at one show over certain specified date/day. You can also gigs to create and build a fan-base in other parts of the world.
4. Use Music Blogs
Sharing information with your fans isn’t enough to reach your music to wider audience. Your aim is to reach out to more audiences and probably convert them to your fans. In that regard, music blogs are the best way of doing that. Several different bloggers are continuously looking for fresh, unique content and the best thing is that there are always so many smaller blogs, which are completely within your reach as an artist. Additionally, blogs tens to have a great niche following and this means that if your album is run on the right blog, its guaranteed to be accessed and seen by many individuals, particularly those who already like the genre of your music. It’s therefore a good thing to do some research to find blogs that relate to your type of music and try to send out emails to the bloggers.
5. Email Marketing
Your email list can also be a great and valuable tool for promoting your music online. Unlike other ways of promoting a product/service on the internet like blogs, email marketing can also help you reach many people, especially those who signed up for your mails. If anyone sings up for your email list, he/she definitely wants to hear more about your music, so you should take advantage of that. Keep in mind that your emails should play a role of driving more audience/potential fans to your site – so it’s necessary to include links. You will need email list to inform your fans about anything new about your music.
Concisely, the goal of any independent music artist is to get their music listened to as much as possible. You should be aware that many people are more inclined to listen to your songs if you offer certain tracks for free. YouTube is the best place to offer your music for free downloads. Lastly, with all these ways on how to promote your music online, your music can easily reach a wider audience if properly used.