Overcoming Writers Block
When you write your music, have you ever encounter those ‘lapses’ where you just can’t think of anything to write or how to write it? Writers block is a common nemesis that strikes just about everybody at some point in time but the good news is that it can be defeated! Read further to discover some simple strategies and writing tips you can use to overcome these periodic and frustrating brain freezes when they strike you! Even the best of writers get ‘the block’ from time to time, so don’t feel disgruntled if it’s happened to you. In this post, I’m going to give you a few tips Overcoming Writers Block. Read on!
– If you are having problems with a particular topic, stop writing, and switch to a different one. Then go back in a little while and complete the one you got stuck on. Whatever you do, don’t forget about it though!
Take a break
– Yes! Just stop writing completely. Having a walk outside for 5 minutes, have a bite to eat, or even going to make yourself a coffee should do the trick. If not, play some internet games for 5 minutes just to give your brain a bit more of a break.
– the obvious one, I know, but you’d be surprised how many people don’t do it. Read about the topic you are writing about, and get some ideas. Obviously no copying!
Write a load of nonsense
– just sit there, relax, and any words that come into your head, write them down. Might sound a bit absurd, but it does work. Have a look at what you’ve written once you’ve done, and see if that inspires any ideas.
– There are probably thousands of blogs or websites out there that have lots of tips to overcome writer’s block. Go have a look, and see if you can find any that will suit you.
Get a hobby
– writing all the time will probably reduce not only the quality of your work, but the productivity as well. A hobby will help free your mind of all your writing problems, and you can go back to them once you have finished your hobby for the day.
Listen to Music
– Listening to music is a great way to beat writers block however, be warned, some music can in fact make your writers block worse. The sort of music you should be listening to is Baroque Music at 60 beats per minute. Research has shown that this type of music actually releases alpha waves in both our left and right sides of our brains. In doing this, it helps us to fell calm, similar to whistling a happy tune. Overcoming Writers Block