Top 5 ways to promote your music on Social Media
In 2016, social media is an important tool for all musicians, and it is usually the key starting point for new artists. Although it is not the best replacement for your website, you can offer your fans simple access to your tour dates, bio, photos, music, videos and even the contact info.
With modern platforms such as Tumblr and Instagram taking off, it is in your great interest to create a presence across the board. Several musicians have extraordinary talents, but they do not understand how to communicate properly with their fans through social media.
All of us have liked a musician before since we’ve enjoyed their music, only to hate later them after a unique and ridiculous influx of overly promotional, annoying and one-dimensional content. Here are top 5 ways to promote your music on social media:
Speak with realistic excitement
This may sound too obvious, but you will be easily surprised how many bands do not speak with realistic excitement. They only speak with a cool tone (and grammatical errors) like,”heres our new single.You like it?’
On the other hand. Some artists speak with excess excitement. If you wrote a song, fully recorded it, and should be thrilled to share it. Therefore, communicate it in a post like, “We are very excited to share with your our latest single,” ABC. ” This track is so personal because (insert reasons). You can simply download it here!”
You do not want to write a novel to give reasons why it is personal or the reasons are so excited, but your followers will be very receptive if you can speak from your heart with cool passion.
Make it more interactive
Social media is a great platform to interact easily with your followers. A new popular technique of engagement is just asking your fans to interpret and understand your music content and also inviting them into the creative process.
This will result in a website with gradually evolving music videos of fan-developed content. A technique like this motivates your followers creatively, and it makes them feel involved with the music, rather than being just a consumer.
Post in moderation
One of the most frustrating things a certain band can do is to drown their fans in content. It may seems like each day we are receiving an event invite from the same individual or watching the similar music video posted over and over by some budding musician.
Do not drown you fans in content they actually do not require in their news feeds. On the other hand, do not fall silent! You do not want your followers to forget about you. Try to be very active in your own branding by sharing positive and engaging content.
Here are a fewpostings guidelines to follow (That, of course, you can test, analyse, and adjust depending on what suits you):
- Twitter: 1-4 times a day
- Instagram: 1-2 times a day
- Facebook: 4-7 times a week
Incentives are the best method to engage your followers via social media. Many musicians will use the “free download it if you like our Facebook page” incentive that comes with its benefits.
Another incentive could be making a campaign about your new album and providing a free download for the first 25 followers to like any picture you took for the test-pressing process.
It is paramount to ensure that your incentive is genuine. You should budget what it will cost you, and also plan for the risk you might take while giving out those things.
Make it personal
Fans often need to see what is going on behind the some scenes and feel like you are speaking with them. Talk in a very conversational manner, post pictures of the band doing common things like shopping for a milkshake on the road or doing something touristy.
If your music content is genuine and personal, your followers will always feel more attached to you and the real meaning behind your great music. But do not take “personal” very literally.
It does not suggest you bash various political candidates or take a stance on many some contentious social issues. Make it personal and realistic to the music.
We all use social media. Currently, if you are not on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, it is almost like you do not exist! Also, you may not be using social media to its maximum potential to promote your music easily.
Social media isn’t a straight –forward marketing platform. It is actually a catalyst for conversation and word-of-mouth marketing strategy. Almost 80% of your posts should be interesting, conversational and unique, leaving about 20% for promotional purposes.